Boat/Watercraft Insurance in Ohio
Do you own a boat, cruiser, jet ski, ski boat, or some other type of watercraft? If you reside in Ohio or Florida and own a boat, you need to make sure that you obtain the proper protection for it. Your time spent on the water should be relaxing and worry-free. We offer coverage options here at Otto Insurance Group to protect your boat, yourself, and loved ones.
Boat Insurance Requirements
Neither Ohio nor Florida has any state laws that require boat owners to obtain insurance. However, this doesn’t mean boat owners should skip coverage. It will be pretty devastating if you need to pay out of pocket to replace or repair your boat following an accident. Additionally, certain marinas may also require proof of insurance, making it even more necessary to obtain.
Boat Insurance Coverage
Some of the most common types of boat insurance coverage are as follows:
- Navigational area- It is essential to know how far you are covered in the water, with the most common being up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline.
- Agreed value coverage- Since boats can and will depreciate, this policy will get you the value you insured your boat for if your boat is a total loss.
- Liability- This protects other boaters if you are at fault for an accident while on the water. This coverage will pay your repair or replacement costs for another boater as well as their medical expenses if they are injured.
- Medical payments- This coverage will pay for medical care for injuries resulting from a boating accident for both you and your passengers.
- Physical damage coverage- This will pay for the cost to replace or repair your boat as well as any attached equipment if it’s damaged or stolen.
Get a Quote
To obtain a quote, please visit Otto Insurance Group today. We serve all boat owners who live in Florida and Ohio.